Thursday, February 08, 2007

ifell into the ifad

i did it. after years of silently protesting this "fad" i broke down last week and joined the crowds. yes people, i bought myself an ipod. i was just thinking about my upcoming cruise and how i would probably need music to listen to while tanning on the boat which then led to thoughts of how my commute to work would be more enjoyable if i was jamming to tunes instead of wishing i had a bigger bag that could hold a magazine to read so yeah, i bought one. i actually ordered it online. free shipping plus free engraving, how could i say no. AND it arrived in time for me to get the ipod ready (actually le join put the songs in it for me) for the cruise. kickass. i was actually jumping up and down from excitement when le join said my ipod was ready for my listening pleasures. i know. i disgust myself. i fell and fell hard into this fad. i totally betrayed my anti-ipod-dom and trust me, i went through all the phases.
  • phase 1: total rejection - i wouldnt own one if someone gave it to me. im cool individual that doesnt need to follow the crowd.
  • phase 2: revised rejection - its not that i wouldnt own one, i just wouldnt buy one for myself. im not too good to accept a gift.
  • phase 3: subtle hints - time to add ipod to my bday and xmas wish lists. since ive been silently protesting it, how can anyone know ipod is on my mind unless its on my lists.
  • phase 4: straight up soliciting - maybe my fam and friends cant read my subtle hints so ill just be louder about it. I WOULD REALLY REALLY LIKE TO GET AN IPOD THIS YEAR! results? not ideal... for me anyway. someone did get an ipod this past xmas, just wasnt me.
  • phase 5: give up and move on - i gave up on the stupid bitches who couldnt read my very easy to read hints, buckled down and bought myself the damn ipod.
right now im in phase 6, the blissful owner phase. im sure ill be in phase 7 next week, the ugh theres already a newer cooler version out which will quickly be followed by destruction of current ipod from utter annoyance and then a repeat of the phases above. technology. created to help make our lives easier but really just gives us more things to stress out and complain about.

special mention:
brandon walsh: youre telling me stu gives good woo.

to brenda about her not very dylan mckay-like boyfriend

0 PRAISES OR SPAM

Post a Comment

<< Home