Tuesday, April 14, 2009

the west side

and no. i dont mean 6th - 12th aves although if i heard "west side", i would think that too (or start busting out, "crazy! cool! keep it cool boy. real cool." nah. im thinking west side of the country. yes. the left coast. pch, usc, the oc, all that jazz. ive always wanted to live there. im not saying forever but i definitely want to try it out. and if it fits, then ill keep it. lots of pros about it but of course there are a few cons. since i havent done a list in a while, heres two!

pros:
  • yearlong tan - sure my bf's parents live in jerz and have yearlong tans but they also take bi-monthly trips to their sweet villa in anguilla, something i cant afford to do. ah, to be able to lay out in the sun and not have to pray to the sun gods for a nice day.
  • lush greens - and no, i aint talking about the landscaping. they prescribe the stuff there. its almost legal there. and its so damn tasty there. mmmmm, speaking of tasty...
  • carls jr! - ok fine, nyc really does have the best food ever. hello joes pizza! but cali. omg hands down the best fast food chains ever!!! tasty and cheap. you know thats my all time fave combo. plus watching sonic commercials kills me over here. over there, i can watch and then go grab a cheap tasty treat.
  • jobs for me, jobs for my man - for video games (which is the industry my man is going into) the west coast is the place to learn and get a job. plus, i luckily fell into a job thats available on any coast. i actually randomly checked out the jobs at facebook and whadya know, theyre based in cali and need ad ops peeps just like me. plus, the benefits there are ooc. they rival googles. me likies :)
  • the devil is far far far far far far away - although, who knows with that psycho bitch. she followed me into my apt building just when i thought i escaped her evil clenches but considering she already tried the left coast (and failed miserably btw. gets fired after just a few short months at a HUGE company who eventually blacklisted her dumb ass) she may not follow me to the sunny land where i (may possibly) belong.
  • left coast friends and fam - my mans got friends and fam there and i got my all time fave cousins out there too! itll be cool to see these peeps on a regular basis.

as we know, all good things usually have a not so good side either....
cons:
  • friends and fam - my friends are practically my fam (and most times treat me better). i LOVE my friends. some ive known for almost a decade and the others ive known for almost 2 decades. thats a shitload long ass time. when i make a friend, i try to keep him/her. plus, i would miss my fam (minus one expletive expletive expletive member) and my mans fam too. i geniunely enjoy spending time with them. itd be hard to live across the country but hey, thats what holidays are for and luckily, the jews got a LOT of holidays.
  • driving! - ugh. one of the reasons why i LOVE nyc is the mta. seriously, i hate driving. there is only 1 thing i miss about driving and that is the bust outs to my fave ballads (mariahs my all is my all time fave car bust out). other than that, ill take the subway over a car any day. it takes you anywhere in the city at any time of day. ugh. the thought of driving is giving my agita. i know my man is a great driver but man, road rage jiller aint got nothing on him (and i mean him on a good day). plus, cali's traffic is worse than nyc. oy, we're gonna need a savings account just for his bail money. jeepers creepers.
  • the beautiful people, the beautiful people - plastic, spray tanned, personal trainer'd, meal delivered people. not only are their looks annoying but once they open their mouths, you want to kill them even more. theyre either "dumber than a bag of hammers" (my mans quote) or talk movie industry crap FOREVER! oy, and if i have a speidi siting or if my man has a perez siting... well there goes our bail money.
so the sunny coast has been my light at the end of the tunnel these days. ive been kinda down lately and even had those deep dark thoughts that my man had to pull me out of. hes even gonna help me find a new jill r. its time to go back to therapy. although i have new exciting stuff ahead of me (hello! moving to doto in 2.5 weeks!), theres still stuff in my life that was stressing me out. im not so stressed out anymore but i definitely should still go see a therapist. you know youre messed up when you have an amazing person who loves you to pieces and you can still fall into those deep dark holes in your mind. no more falling for me.

0 PRAISES OR SPAM

Post a Comment

<< Home