Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ch-ch-changes

so i was inspired to write this by my brosef ichford watching an ep of how i met your mother which is btw my new fave show and also one of my examples of ch-ch-changing. in the ep my bro watched, the main character ted finds a shirt in his closet that he bought years ago but never liked. anyway, so he sees the shirt and decides he likes it. a few years passed and his personal style changed. obv, the biggest change in my life this past year is my relationship status. but having a constant companion is not the only difference that came with the bf.

even though i knew it was happening, i guess jamie and mikes recent engagement really had me step back and look at my life now and reflect on how it was back then. only a few years ago, my home away from home was the peach pit and my weekends always began with a drive into murray hill, frustratingly searching for parking along 30th st, and knowing my night will end with a smokin n dyin sess with g-star and starting the following morning with a delivered mcdonalds breakfast. i was just a single girl desperately trying to get out of her parents house. now i live in the city and see my friends a lot less than when i was treking it from li. my nights in m-hill started to dwindle when jamie moved from the peach pit to the peach pit after dark but now i never step foot in that 'hood, mainly bc most of my friends have migrated elsewhere.

when i was single, i went out every weekend but every time i was out, i just wanted to go back to someones apt (mainly jamies) to smoke and chill. i went out bc i wanted a reason to get all dressed up and girly and obv, to hopefully find a man to just smoke and chill with so i dont have to go out anymore. well, many many many years later, i found just that. i found that man. the smoking has cut down a bit but the chillin has gone way up. do i miss my single girl nights? i honestly dont miss the crowded bars but i do miss the getting ready with the girls. pleading along with jiller, the aim and g-star to jamie about getting rid of her purple hole-y push up bra. busting out to rent and then bawling out any other cheesy song that comes on. ordering in wings or moonie before going out. i even miss fixing the damn cover on the couch that no one else could do besides me.

my commuting has changed considerably as well. yeah the biggest and obv change is from driving in a car to surfing on the subway. but even my mta commuting has evolved. i went from reading magazines to listening to my ipod, to listening to songs and playing solitaire on my ipod, to finally reading books. yeah. i cant believe i became a book reader. now i know my bf wants to take credit for this but honestly, i have to give my book reading credit to melfur. bet you didnt see that one coming. ah, thats another thing i miss. my hot boxed drives with melfur through li which eventually ended with a long stay at either at a barnes and noble or borders. she got me into the girly books that actually fill up my bookshelf. but yeah, my bf got me back into reading. especially james patterson books. i also have to give annie some cred too. shes been lending me books that are kinda slow in the beginning but then i evenually whiz through bc they get so good!

another thing annie introduced me to was how i met your mother. honestly, its the best show. its hilarious and smart and just plain awesome! like me! i clicked with it so much that i even got my brosef into it bc lets face it, hes me with balls (literally, figuratively, truly). so you may be wondering, how is this a change if its something new. well well well, a few years ago, during my time at cmp (the company on li i worked for) this temp joe and i got along famously. although he only worked at cmp for a few weeks, we kept in touch afterwards. just emailing back and forth about our fave show, laguna beach. he mentioned that he was watching this new show called how i met your mother and how it was the best new show on television. i kinda brushed that off. how can i show with a ridiculously long title like that be any good. ah joe. he was actually right. how i met your mother totally rocks!

heres a brief synopsis of its characters and the show itself. the show is called how i met your mother and is a backwards love story. its about the main character ted telling his children about how he met their mother. the entire show is a huge flashback of the events leading up to ted meeting his wife (who we still dont know!). in the flashbacks, ted is a 20 something romantic who is desperately searching for his dream girl to marry and have a family with. he lives with his best friend marshall who was his roommate their freshman year at college. marshall is dating and eventually marries lily (played by the adorable alison "and one time at band camp" hannigan) who he also met during freshman year of college. barney is their AWESOME single friend played by neil patrick harris who is just freakin AWESOME. and to round out the five-some is robin, who ted meets and falls in love with but ends up being friends with bc robin is a tv journalist from canada who doesnt want to get married and just wants to see the world. ok fine, so it doesnt sound so amazing on paper but watch one ep and youll be hooked, guaranteed! even the bf watched one ep and was considering getting into it (which is a big step bc he is a remote nazi!).

maybe change isnt a good word. bc change means something is different. i guess i should use the word evolve. im growing up. trying new things. or maybe im just becoming what i was always meant to be which is... AWESOME!

0 PRAISES OR SPAM

Post a Comment

<< Home